I was very happy to see this evening arrive! It has been BUSY! It began Friday night with me dropping the girls off at the dance studio with Kaitlyn's Mom, who was going to take them home after class while I played the performance with the orchestra.
So, they teach Suzuki style string classes and there are many levels...we heard beginners through probably the best violin player I'd ever heard! It was a long performance, but it was nice! It stormed real bad starting in the afternoon then was rumbly and rainy the rest of the night too! I had trouble seeing the street signs to find the house to get the girls at. We got home around 10:15 pm and I got the girls crashed out on my bedroom floor (it was still storming so no way were they going to sleep in their beds). I then settled in to work on band banquet stuff for about 3 hours. The three of us slept in Saturday until just after 10 am...that was VERY nice!
The theme for the band banquet was Luau. I even dressed the part! It was bittersweet, my last banquet with my students and thankfully I held it together until the very end then lost it as all my students came up to hug me and thank me, etc.
Yesterday morning, Abbi came to me with a tooth she had pulled...MAN, that makes two in a week! The tooth fairy had promised her a crown with the last one, so I had to deliver. After the banquet, I stopped at Walmart (at midnight ugh) and did tooth fairy shopping. Then when I got home, Libbi woke up and I had to wait for her to fall asleep to do the tooth fairy thing. Both girls were sleeping on the couch in the hearth room, so I couldn't do anything until she was back to sleep. I took a bath to pass time, and finally at 1:45 am she was back to sleep and I worked some magic then fell into bed. The alarm went off at 7:15 am, ugh. We all got up and got ready for the day. I had to be at church early for sound checks with the special guests. The girls got to go to Sunday School there. Remember, Dave left Friday morning to go on the annual golf tournament and has been gone the entire weekend!
From 8:30-12 noon I sat in the seat and played my flute (and listened to one sermon). It went really well! I was the only flute. By the time I got the girls, I had no desire to drive all the way home and then back so we found somewhere close to have lunch and killed a little time. Then it was back to church for the big concert this evening with the guests. It was great music! So, I was back in my seat from 4-8 pm, playing a good deal of that time too! The girls went to the babysitting area with the other orchestra and choir kids. This is the first true Sunday they have ever experienced all that...usually Dave has them with him at our church lol. They had a good time though today!
When we got home, it was great to see that Dave was home! The girls were quite good the entire weekend, but I really did not get to spend much time with them at all. All my playing and such has made me quite tired! I have one more busy week with work then it's coasting to the end of the year! I can do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment