We've had a great few days, but I was ready for a nice, lazy afternoon! FRiday, Dave and I headed downtown to get things ready in his booth at the Memphis in May BBQ festival....him and 11 other guys from work entered the "patio" portion of the contest, where you are restricted on the size of the cooking grill and basically you enter ribs and whatever other smaller categories you want to. Dave entered one of his sauces, and the team did the ribs. It really comes down to just a handful of the guys actually doing the work, but the company pitches in and provides the booth, food, etc. Thursday and Friday evenings, they serve up quite the BBQ spread for visiting executives/clients and other company workers. It is indeed a great time. Dave and I spent Friday getting the food ready for the dinner that night, they also were doing a practice run of the competition ribs that would be cooked/judged on Saturday. Dave readied his sauce for turn-in Friday around lunch. I even managed to catch a nap in the booth! It is not crowded at all during the day, especially on work days lol.
Dave's sister Nicki came in town and surprised the girls and picked them up from school and then had an evening with them. They were so excited! I got home around 9 pm and then set to getting the girls hair all in sponge rollers to have curly hair for their dance recital yesterday. They had the dress rehearsal earlier in the week, and Dave went to that. He wasn't able to go to the recital due to judging in his booth. Nicki loved seeing the girls dance!
The recital went really good! Both girls clearly adore dancing! Abbi did three dances and Libbi did two. They looked so cute and danced extremely well! Abbi got a HUGE honor as well, she was named RISING STAR dancer of the year of the studio! She got a nice certificate and a cute tshirt all personalized and everything. She is so proud of that shirt! I am so proud of her! They said it was because of her love of dance and for how she is always helping the other girls. Such a proud momma...and if I hadn't of been so busy fumbling to get my camera to take a picture, I would have been in tears!
Nicki and I brought the girls home and fixed them lunch and then set off to go downtown to see Dave. The team did not make finals in ribs, we still do not know how Dave's sauce did and won't know the overall place for a few weeks. it was great fun though. Poor Dave was in bed at 8:30 last night....he'd spent Friday night down in the booth (someone has to stay overnight to man the grill and to help guard the booth). While he gets a kick out of stuff like doing that, he was so tired that the second we put a movie on last night to watch with the girls, he was out and I woke him up and made him go to sleep. He needed it.
The weather is simply BEAUTIFUL! I think last year we went right from winter to summer, but this year we've had such a lovely and mild spring! I love spring a fall, not summer at all.
I have 5 more days left of seeing kids at work, and then I am done. My supervisor and I are waiting on my corrected paperwork to be officially filed then we will pursue where I will be next year. I still will be so much happier once I know for sure. It will be the end to a VERY long year.
I finally watched a movie last night! We have on demand video, and I just am not familiar with how to watch it, though Dave does all the time. I think I need to figure it out. We watched Evan Almighty and I really liked it!
Well, I am trying to figure out what to make for dinner. Dave and Abbi left a bit ago to go to his softball game. Libbi is still napping and I am trying not to fall asleep! It is strange being home! But I LOVE it!
1 comment:
Whether Dave wins or not.... I want him to cook me some great and tender ribs one day........ Ok?
Nonnie
Post a Comment