Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I can relax (mostly)

I should have a middle school teaching position by the end of next week! My paperwork was taken care of and made right by my Principal and an entire year of stress is over! Now I can move ahead and start a new phase of my life with a new job.

I met the director who is replacing me today, he came to work with the kids auditioning for drum major and WOW! My students are very blessed to have him coming their way! I showed him a lot of things and he had questions and we talked. I am just so tickled to death for my students. I am relieved that I will not be married to the job since I won't be doing hs band and all that goes with it. And to know that I have left this in good shape and left things good for the new director, well.....it makes me feel good. I have excited my students and their parents.

While it will be very difficult to say that final goodbye, and leave my office for the last time in two weeks, I am confident that I am headed towards a new and less stressful adventure! I am ready!

The band had their final concert last night...it went pretty well. It was bittersweet. After the last number, I went offstage and just shed a few tears lol. It will be a long while before I am able to conduct hs kids again, especially VERY talented ones! There is so much testing going on at school with end of course and state testing that it is a wonder that the students could focus at all. Final exams on top of that too!

Now with all of the official band stuff over, I am very relieved. Yes, it is sad, but it also means soon I will have a much deserved vacation of about 9 weeks!

The girls have their dance recital dress rehearsal tomorrow, I am looking forward to that! The recital is this Saturday. They are excited!

Well, I just wanted to update a few things, I have work to do (finish making final exams, study guides, etc).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am crossing my fingers on a new job for you that will give you more time at home and less stress and good income.

Nonnie