Sunday, December 30, 2007

Liberty Bowl fun

Dave and I had a great time working the sky boxes at the Liberty Bowl! We worked on a floor of mostly Mississippi State fans, which included the MS Lieutenant Governor, a box for the Mayor of Memphis (though he wasn't there), the president of MSU, a few suites for Harrah's and FedEx, etc. We mainly made sure they were stocked on drinks and that whatever they wanted they got. Taylor Hicks was the halftime entertainment, and he and his crew were also on our floor. I saw a good deal of him and he was such a nice (and good lookin) guy! I did not bother him for an autograph or picture, but he walked right by me several times.

It was a bit boring, but I did get to see all the bands practice before the game, all the pre-game bands perform, the pre-game itself with the big flag, and a little of the game. It was quite boring though, tied 3 to 3 until the last 2 minutes of the game...so a good finish at least!

Afterwards, we cleared out all the leftover drinks, finally had a chance to eat and then I noticed how swollen my leg/foot was and made myself sit down and prop it up. We were gone for almost 12 hours! Now I am just finishing up laundry and packing what I can so I don't forget anything. I packed the girls last night lol. They had a blast today with Kristi. I brought her about 2 dozen beautiful roses tonight, the suites all had them and they were just going to throw them out so I gathered a bunch and brought them to her to take home.

OK....I need to go crawl into bed.

:)

No comments: