HAPPY WEDNESDAY!
You guessed it, it is cold AND I am in a good mood! It wasn't too chilly when I walked into work at 7 am this morning, but when I left at 4 pm (after not seeing daylight at all (there's not a single window in my classroom) I was hit with icy blasts of cold air upon opening the door to go out to my car. BRRRR!!
I longed to be in Ohio today..you see, it snowed there, first snowstorm of the year. I LOVE snow and miss it. You may say, well...she just misses the snow days. No, I miss the SNOW. There is a peacefulness about it, and a beauty. It forces one to hole themself up at home for at least a little bit and be all warm and cozy and peaceful. Even in the midst of it driving, it is very peaceful, and can be entertaining or interesting to watch other people deal with driving in it too.
Did I tell you I wish it would snow here? Of course people here get all weird with snow, but snow is snow and it is pretty! Dave's dad is working on arrangements to get our family out there to Colorado in the winter sometime, such a lovely thought! The area close to where they live has a few feet of snow, and skiing and all sorts of things that would be too much fun! Yes, you hear me thinking of defying doctor's orders to not do stuff like that with my leg and the PE from last year...but well, I can still have fun and follow the rules a little bit (sometimes). You really do live only once and I know if I am careful, I'll be ok.
My band kids have a concert in a week, they are ready for it. I am very proud of the way they are sounding. It's still a bit loud coming off of marching season, but it is nice. I learned today that I will have my first evaluation of the year with my main principal next Friday. AFTER the concert and BEFORE winter break. A bit nervous here, but trying not to dwell and let it get me too worked up. I learned today that my band is the FEATURE of our next parade...we are being touted as the main attraction by local tv stations (one of the MCs is a weather man from channel 5 ...wow!). Next Friday night, I will be singing Handle's MESSIAH with my chruch choir, backed up by the Memphis Symphony Orchestra...WOW. We do this each year (though change the music we do sometimes). We are doing ALL of part 1 and it should go quite well.
Dave turned 40 yesterday....he asked that no big fuss be made about it, no party...so the girls and I gave him cards and really did not make a big deal about it. WOW...I remember holding a surprise 30th birthday for him the year I met him, have I really known him for 10 years now??????
Well, my fingers are freezing..this room is VERY cold as we do not keep the vents open in here. I am only in this room a little bit each day, why waste the energy. I am ready to go crawl in my warm bed, and let my cat snuggle up with me and stay warm. Tomorrow morning will be rough getting out of bed....cold mornings tend to make it that way.
:)
1 comment:
Jennie, I had the same feeling when I heard they got 4 inches in Ohio. I had an urge to do snow angels and go sledding at Harbin Park! I doubt we'll see anything but ice down here in TX, but I'm getting a lot of snowy pictures from friends and family back home. Hey, is your band going to a bowl game? I'd love to tune in if they are.
Post a Comment