I am happy to report that the hecticness is about OVER! I got through several more things today....my evaluation with my principal, singing the Messiah with the Memphis Symphony Orchestra at church, and a few other things too. I am still too keyed up to sleep. Besides, it might storm in a little bit and I wanna be up for that. I have time to sleep later this weekend hehe.
So, yes, I was evaluated today while teaching and it did not go as well as I had hoped. I have been so determined to make this work out and be an amazing observation, but it was not in my opinion. I was doing fine, all full of strength and such, until my principal got there and I started class. I got so nervous, I NEVER get nervous at these and almost forget they are there watching me. Well, he sat in a place where each time I looked up BOOM, I saw him and it just sort of freaked me out. Not to mention, most principals do not know a thing about band class and are in awe of how you manage to do it all, where as this principal was a band director almost as long as I have been alive. He knows every single thing I should or shouldn't do and I know for a fact he knows how to do ti better than me. He was an awesome director and had awesome sounding groups. I feel so inferior when around him, though I know that's silly. During warm-ups, I made an error while correcting a rhythm I had them doing and it threw the kids off and me. I sang the correct one, but then they played it wrong, I stopped and tried to correct and ended up doing it wrong, confusing them and just looking kinda like a fool lol. I finally stopped and wrote it on the board, like I SHOULD have done in the first place. I NEVER have to do that though because I am so confident in things I do each and every day with the kids. They were a bit chatty too, and just kinda weird....ALL of my classes were that way today. My guess is because final exams are next week. Well, there really was more talking than I am accustomed to, not to mention 3 different kids just got up randomly to get things and they NEVER do that either so I am not sure what the heck was up!
Anyways, my post observation meeting isn't until Thursday, gosh I do not want to wit that long! I want it over, I want the chance to let him know how nervous I was and to just move on! I know I picked a tough ting to do for observation (have kids sight read something they'd never seen before). I almost cancelled the observation because of my shoulder hurting so badly, but I really wanted to get it done before Christmas break as to not have to stress about it. Sure, I will have 2 others, but those are by different principals that I don't think will make me so nervous.
ACK....I hope he understands why I felt it wasn't great, and at least sees some sort of hope in me! But to have to wait so long to find out is almost worse haha.
BRRR...tis cold in my house. The thermometer says it is 60 degrees. We keep it cold but not that cold! I have on so many clothes, if you saw me, you would think I was weird.
Yes, it was MESSIAH night! We sang all of part 1 (had all the soloist parts and everything). The orchestra sounded beautiful and I thought we did a nice job as well. I am gaining such a comfort level in singing, though it still is not so high up on my most joyful things to do in life list (nor is it anywhere near the bottom). Dave video taped it and I did have him take some pictures of me in my suit and all gussied up. I even straightened my hair and put on full make-up!
It really did go well, a few little bobbles in some spots by the choir, but we pulled it off and the crowd really enjoyed it!
I did not yet break my good news to the choir director though, about me cutting way back on being with them since I was asked to join the Bellevue Orchestra. I have told people, but not him yet. I did not feel this evening was a time to tell him, not during a very proud and special evening for him. I know he will be overjoyed for my and this opportunity, but at the same time he'll know he is losing a lot of me as well. The spunk this has put back in my life feels good. I feel something really good is going to come out of this change, though i cannot pinpoint just what yet.
The parade was cancelled for tomorrow. They are calling for over 2 inches of rain and considering it will be 40 degrees....no parade lol. I was a little bit bummed (I really was, no kidding here) as I was looking forward to it. The organizer said she would call me next year, I sure hope she does! They are also calling f snow flurrie for tomorrow night...YIPEE, now maybe I will get to see it....I sure hope it does!
Breakfast with Santa is going on at church in the morning. Dave is cooking for it, leaving here son after 6 am I think. He'll take one of the girls with him and I will keep one. I have to run up to school because the fruit is being delivered several days earlier than anticipated so I have to meet the parents up there...ugh. Tomorrow evening Dave and I have a dinner for the 4th Degree Knights...fun!
I think Sunday is all to me...well, not really, but nothing on the calendar that will keep me busy. I do have to finish typing up the exams for my classes. I have the questions, just have to add the multiple choices of answers lol.
I know, I am babbling like mad this evening. I apologize. I am just feeling so much better now that things are finally ending with all the performances, etc. I NEED to be back home more with my family.
Well, I am yawning like crazy, so not sure I will stay awake for those storms coming! This gal is so sleepy!
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment