Monday, December 24, 2007

Santa has landed!

Well...almost! Dave and I spent the afternoon evening on our Santa shopping, as well as spending a few hours helping to decorate our church for Christmas Masses. We went nonstop from 3:45-11 pm (including shopping, decorating, dinner) and really got a lot accomplished. Santa is DONE. The girls will again have a great Christmas, Libbi's focus is on HELLO KITTY and Abbi's is HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL.

We will wrap everything during naps tomorrow, but it's all set to go, organized by girl and by who it is from and so forth.

We'll be getting up early in the morning and heading to the mall to finish. Dave and I still have to get a few more things for each other and decided we could hit the mall and separate, each with a child lol. We have to be dressed and up to church by 4 or 4:15 for Mass (we are going with several of our friends, who will then all come back here for pizza dinner after Mass, before I then head back to church for midnight Mass where I will sing and play hand bells (and maybe some flute too).

I am finally in the Christmas spirit! Perhaps it is the bone chilling cold that set in and had me shivering all day, or maybe the fact that I can focus on it and nothing else right now. I surely will not question though, it feels good to be relaxed! It is about 30 degrees out with wind chills somewhere below that..and when we got home our house was registering at 60 degrees...YIKES! We like it cold here, but MAN. And it is probably closer to 50-55 in this room, it just stays very cold for some reason, and I left the heater in the bathroom (not in a dragging back and forth type mood).

In 24 hours, midnight mass will just have begun and I'll be there singing with joy and ringing those hand bells. I am about to crawl into my nice toasty bed piled with blankets. An update from an earlier post, I have NO ILL EFFECTS from my tripping incident at the HS. The leg seems good and I am really surprised there is no bruising really on either leg. Thank you God, I owe you on this one!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments: