WOW...what an awesome Christmas! It's been a bit hectic, and Dave and I are sleepy beyond words (less than 4 hours of sleep), but it has been a great morning.
It all began with the family heading to the mall at 8:30 am on Christmas Eve, and we made a beeline for Santa. Just as I'd had a hunch about, no one was in line! So, I had two beautiful girls, two happy girls, and no line....the pictures are even better! Just great :) We then split up to do some last minute shopping. We took a much needed lunch break to Red Sun China Buffet, and Abbi made me so proud, she tried so many different Chinese things, even though there was the traditional chicken nuggets, fries, corn dogs, etc. She tried teriaki chicken, sweet and sour chicken, egg drop soup....I was so proud. Now, Libbi, she didn't want to try anything, but the girl ate so that was good! We then came home to get them down for a nap and then get ready to go to Mass as a family. It was the first time we have had both girls in with us, so it had its moments, but they were pretty good! We came back home to a tradition of my family....order pizza on Christmas Eve. We had several friends over, the kids all drove us crazy, but it was very nice! After they left, the girls left out cookies and milk fr Santa and carrots for his reindeer. I then had to head back to church to sing/play at midnight. The moon was so bright and I opened the moon roof in my van...I NEVER do that (usually not in my van at night where I have enough withiness to think of a pretty moon, I can't stand a bright car from up above, so the sunroof is NEVER open, hurts my eyes too much the glare). But I drove to and back home from church with the roof open and allowed the pretty light to come in. I got home around 1:30 am, Dave was just finishing up the Santa gifts and I helped him finish and added my own touches. He said Abbi had trouble falling asleep last night, so he could not really get started until real late, usually he is asleep by the time I get home from Mass lol. I put a little cotton on the fireplace and ate the cookies and placed Santa notes in the girls stockings. I think we rolled into bed round 3 am....ugh. We knew the girls would be at our bedside at 6 am, first light...and they were! Somehow though, we evaded them until about 7:30 or so, then we dragged our half asleep selves out of bed and went out to let then have at it!
It was so nice! The girls loved their gifts and spent the entire morning playing with new things. We had to drag them down for lunch and then down for a nap...which they easily fell asleep for! In a few hours, we'll be going to some friend's house for dinner. A nap would have been really nice...though I did manage a hot soak in the tub.
This is the first Christmas we have spent here in Memphis, meaning we didn't leave to travel either before or on Christmas. Sort of a strange feeling, but a good one! Last year we dragged all the Christmas and then some up to Ohio, it was nice to keep it all here and know the van will not be heavy laden with gifts this year!
So, some of the gifts:
ABBI:mp3 player, iDog (oh, it is so cute, I love it), High School Musical movies, some barbies, some clothes, etc.
LIBBI: Hello Kitty scooter, Hello Kitty sheets, HK CD player, lots of HK stuff, clothes, etc.
DAVE: tablet and pen for his computer (lots functions even I am not aware of), a dresser valet, picture frame, calendar
JENNIE: flute/angel figurines, Fossil purse, Trans Siberian Orchestra CDs
OK, I need to go and see what I am going to wear this evening. I'd like to crawl in bed and sleep for a few hours. But the thought of eating some of this apple pie I baked to take tonight is making the thought of no sleep a little better.
I am rambling, a LOT....I am so tired. Dave is running to buy a newspaper, the girls are asleep, and it's so quiet here.
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment