OK, it is DECEMBER and it got to 78 degrees today...something is VERY wrong with this picture! While I was growing up, my mother always said us kids couldn't go swimming or run through the sprinkler if it was below 75 degrees outside, and even that was still a bit chilly to swim in, but not to wear tank tops or bathing suits.
So, here in Dec, it was warm enough to SWIM! Not that I pulled my summer clothes back out or anything. ACK....last week it was so cold. This weather is annoying. It has me and everyone else in Memphis sniffly and achy and blowing our noses and trying to keep our hair tame in the humidity.
We hosted our church group's Christmas Party dinner here in our home this evening, and because all of my holiday cheery colored clothes are winter clothes, I did not get to look too festive haha. That's ok, we all had a lovely time and had to open some windows to cool off!
I am right smack dab in the middle of my busy time of year. Having this party tonight was just what I needed, to see my friends and be with the people I have come to love, but have far too little time to get to be around much. It was nice to just enjoy myself for a few hours.
So, I was in Jackson yesterday, my students had the auditions, and 5 of them made it into the groups! WHOO HOO! I was very excited for them and it will be fun. None of these particular students will be eligible for the All State bands, so I only have one jazz student that gets to audition for All State, not too bad.
Well, it's been a very hectic, but nice weekend. I need to do some things and get to bed. A sinus thing or cold is trying to get the better of me and just cannot take time off right now to get better. I have 2 dress rehearsals tomorrow for two different things (my band students have their concert Tuesday, then I have a dress rehearsal for MESSIAH that I am singing in) and it is just a very busy week. BUT, one week from right now, life gets considerably easier and much less crazy.
So, with that, I say goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment