Wednesday, December 12, 2007

God is Great!

Abbi and I attended the Bellevue Baptist Church SINGING CHRISTMAS TREE performance this evening....WOW! Amazing! It was just two hours of awesomeness and a reminder of what is really important in life.

I walked out of the performance with an invitation from the music director and orchestra recruiter to join the orchestra. Several of my band students performed in it, and I happen to know the director and recruiter (director helps my brass section from time to time and the recruiter is my supervisor lol). They have wanted me for a long time to come play flute with them, but thought I would say no so never approached it with me.

OMGOSH...what an honor! This church is the largest in the area and broadcasts on national tv. It is huge, amazingly beautiful and the orchestra/choir are huge. They asked me to play flute, the orchestra is like a symphony orchestra with 50-60 players!

I think I am going to do it. It would mean almost dropping out of my current church choir. Rehearsals are the same evening and of course services are the same times. However, I would NOT change my religion and still would be a part of St. Francis.

This is one of those opportunities a musician doesn't pass up. This could lead to different opportunities for me career wise if teaching does not work out. With the stress that has been part of work this year, I need something that will bring me this kind of joy, that I can only get in being something like this. I sense a calling from God himself. This church has a school with it, and also a music/performing arts academy that has instructors and teachers.

MAYBE, just maybe this is a sign that the struggles this fall at work were all for a reason...to help show me a different path in life.

My shoulder has taken to now creaking today. I took the day off to catch up on several things, sleep, work, etc. I am worried about this shoulder again. It is not in severe pain, but it just does not feel right and definitely does not sound right. I hope to get in to my doctor tomorrow to have him send me to the Orthopedic clinic to have it checked out more in depth. You know it is bothering me when I am saying I NEED a cortisone shot...the last one I got had me almost throwing up it hurt so bad and the way I felt for two days after had me thinking I made a horrible mistake BUT it felt better for a long time.

Well, though I feel Jesus and God paid me a wonderful visit this evening, it is time for sleep. Abbi LOVED the performance tonight and sang and danced along at times. Maybe next year I will be PERFORMING in it for her!

No comments: