Well, it's still raining. Practice was cancelled for after school today. Not only is it rainy, it is COLD! The high was in the mid 50s today, and we have been used to the mid 80s. It is supposed to rain now through Friday, so I had to make the very difficult decision to cancel the contest we were supposed to host this weekend. The principal was pushing me to do so, though he agreed to let me wait until Friday to make a decision, only I learned if I wait that long, many of the goods and services my Booster group lined up to be part of it we would be stuck paying for. So, we decided to cancel it. I am very disappointed. I just know it will be dry and beautiful Saturday and the field fine to be on. But my boss thinks otherwise and the Boosters sure doesn't want to be so far financially in the hole that we cannot recover.
Sigh, I have directors mad at me, I will have some kids mad at me, some parents...etc.
It seems each time I make a turn in the right direction that another roadblock is put there. There is a bigger push right now that is causing severe problems with my Booster group and I feel badly for them. I do not need to go into details here.
My students are not aware of a lot that is going on. I try to keep them focused on band. I refuse to give up on them. It isn't their faults that weather will not cooperate and some feel the football field needs to still be kept in pristine condition instead of allowing us to hold a fundraiser that will do nothing but cut back on fees the band kids have to pay.
I do not wish to dwell...it was indeed a very dreary day. I spent it inside all day monitoring the band getting their individual pictures taken for the band composite. I am anxious to get my pictures back. I look forward to tomorrow getting to teach BAND hehe. I am going to teach them THRILLER for the football game. Should be fun.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment