What a beautiful and wonderful day for us here! It began with us all getting to sleep in a little bit (how heavenly it felt to not open my eyes until 8:30 am), then Abbi and I headed out to a birthday party at Paint A Piece. That was such a neat place to have a birthday party and they each got to make a salad plate in whatever design they wanted. Abbi asked me to help her and she did a butterfly. I can't wait to see it once it is fired and all done! They had bigger platters that I have decided we MUST go back as a family to do one! They were done with hand prints of each family member and I thought it would make a great platter for the Thanksgiving dinner I am hosting this year. I thought that place was expensive, but it really is not! I think my family would have a blast doing it!
We came back home and met up with Dave and Libbi and ate lunch here together (eating a meal together during marching season is few and far between). Libbi and I opted to take a nap and Abbi and Daddy worked out in the garage. Afterwards, we headed up to Oktoberfest Festival at Church with our neighbors. Again, PERFECT temps in the 70s today and not a standing room only crowd at the festival. The kids played on the bouncy slides and such and then we all ate dinner under the big tent while fun dance music played! Abbi and Brooke did a dance together and it made me realize yet again that my oldest is becoming so much more of a big girl! The "balloon guy" made poodle dogs for the girls, and it was nice chatting with him and Jana and Jay for a bit. Of course the balloons were no longer poodles by the time we left, but the girls had fun with them!
I saw no signs of those little unmentionable bugs today. We'll do another round of combing and such tomorrow. I gave the washer and dryer a bit of a break.
It has been a great day, I am hoping to spend some much needed time with Dave tonight. I had my surgery almost 3 months ago and not had time to revel in the benefits it has afforded me. Need I say more?
Since only close friends and family read this, I have also made it almost like a journal of sorts to leave my memories on this thing called life. This is, by far, the easiest way for me to chronicle our life and keep a hold of all these awesome memories (and the not so awesome ones).
Tomorrow I play flute at church then we may take the girls to the pumpkin farm. It's been nice to be home for a change.
Well, that's about it from here until next time.
HAPPY DAY today!
No comments:
Post a Comment