Friday, October 12, 2007

Longing for a BORING segment

Just when I tought life may have a little bit of a boring moment, I learn quite the opposite. Thankfully though, this too shall soon pass.

Both of our children were discovered to have lice on Wednesday...there was an outbreak at the daycare. We were very lucky parents before this and our children managed to escape a few other similar incidents in their short lives thus far, but not this time.

I now firmly believe that I have the cleanest girls and laundry in the WORLD! Tonight, the girls are being treated to a Hellmon's mayo hair party. We have treated them both according to the doctor's prescriptions and spent many hours combing their hair. Thankfully, they are not infested with the ugly things, but even the few that were found are more than enough for us. Back to the mayo. Since the shampoo that is used to treat and kill the ugly boogers is esentially a pesticide, you cannot use it on your children more than once a week. I have now had two people (who do not know each other) recommend putting the mayo on their hair as it will suffocate any remaining bugs and their eggs (I am shuddering as I type this, so gross...at least I quit having phantom itching). I was told to make a grand party of it in the bathtub and it will help move mom and dad here to a less stressful place while the girls have a BLAST playing with their smelly hair.

My poor babies. They just did not understand why they were not allowed to go to school, or why anything they touched we quickly pulled away from them to wash it, or why their bedding and pillows have now been washed and dried 3 times in 3 days. At least they were deemed able to return to school today and it gave me the much needed time to get more cleaning done around here. Dave stayed home yesterday, though he got the brunt of the girls being nutso from being kept inside. Another washer and dryer would have me feeling so in control haha.

I was more than annoyed and so many other things, but I have switched to taking it as a part of raising children that is not a reflection of anything we did wrong and am using it as an excuse to spend a quiet day at home really cleaning things.

We are hopeful this runs its' course quickly, but in the meantime have plenty of mayo on hand and will run the washer and dryer nonstop. I did have the wonderful opportunity to meet Abbi's teacher today and even got to eat lunch with my daughter, which she begs me nonstop to do, but I can't because of my own job. It was so nice!

The weather has been simply beautiful! The highs in the 60s and the lows in the 40s. Just DIVINE! So nice to wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants at rehearsal yesterday. This weekend is supposed to be just as nice and we plan on enjoying the fact that I will be HOME. No football game or contest this weekend. Octoberfest is going on up at church and we plan to make an appearance tomorrow night as a family. That will be so nice! Abbi has a birthday party tomorrow at Paint A Piece, which I will take her to. Thankfully, even though she has no lice at the current time, I can allow her to go since this isn't a crawl around on the floor with all the other kids and close contact type party.

WHEW....back to more cleaning.

No comments: