Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Raining again

Well, it is one of those evenings you just want to turn the lights and everything off and crawl into a nice, warm bed and listen to it rain. But am I doing that? Nope. Have a little more work to do. Been a pretty good day today! It is Homecoming week at school and we have a theme each day we get to dress as...today was gender bender day. Girls dressed like boys and boys dressed like girls. Me, I took the opportunity to wear my Kentucky football jersey and jeans. WHOO HOO..I think that passed enough to be a boy for the day. The kids were just a hoot at school the entire day. Of course some parents complained that they felt it would encourage homosexuality, but that is just so not the truth. Imagine 200 kids just really having a blast today and actually doing what they were supposed to do with very little int eruption and not a single fight or "problem". These theme days have actually made the kids shape up and rather enjoy being out of dress code for a change. I am thrilled they have done such a good job! I guess there will always be people who complain.

I was finally home with the girls this evening...I made dinner and then we went through the routine of doing the second treatment for "the bugs". Both girls got the shampoo and we let it sit then combed their hair out. Very little is left, and we may have indeed gotten past this! I sure hope so! We had fun watching Deal or No Deal tonight too.

The band is really doing a GREAT job in their final weeks of practices heading into their big contest this weekend. I added a few more visuals to their show to help with a few things and they look very nice! We spent class today working through a tough part where the entire band is in 4 long diagonal lines and they rotate them in 12 counts to be vertical lines, then some fancy little moves after that. I was super encouraged by what I saw and they have really been focusing this week with the goal of getting first place! I so hope so. I hope they have a great performance and are rewarded for it.

:) Sigh, a nice day today. Busy, but nice! I am headed to a bath and shower. Abbi is the Star of the Week at school next week so we helped her finish this poster about herself tonight. She just went on to bed and asked us if she could wake up at 6 am and make herself breakfast....wanna take bets on that? We usually have to wake them up around 6:30 am and it takes several times to get them out of bed. My mom had a great solution that I've yet to try. She would bang together pots and pans if we did not get up after the first time. However, I am awake at 6 am myself (my alarm clock, those who know me well know I do not just wake up at 6 am for the pure joy of it) and if I were to do the pots and pans, I;d probably scare myself as I need a good 45 minutes of quiet time between getting ready for work and driving there to wake up and mentally get focused. The noise would probably jar me into not being able to be as effective haha.

No comments: