yes, that says we won the game...AMAZING! It was Homecoming and the band did great, the team actually won (this is just their third win) and one of our busiest days of the year is OVER! We had a pep rally at school today then the game. The game was televised live on local tv here, so that added a bit of extra pressure. The game was SO GOOD! We won in the last 30 seconds, one of those exciting long catches then a few plays to make it in the endzone. Pandelerium broke out because we aren't used to seeing our team play that well lol.
My band performed really well and are so excited for contest tomorrow. It's the last contest and the last time to show the judges what we are made of.
I am in a happy spot. My band is great and has worked so hard. Their excitement level going into tomorrow is just amazing. They want to be the very best and come home with several first places. I so want that too! My prediction is that we will win best color guard and score extremely high visually, perhaps bringing home the visual trophies as well. The music and overall class placements are too much for me to even begin to take a guess. I do not know much about several of the other bands performing. I may sound selfish...I want this for me, BUTnaturally I want it for the kids....we ALL need it. The run tonight at the game was quite clean and no major issues with anything. I still cannot believe they still had chops left after the class, the pep rally, so many runs of closer and show last night and then the game tonight. They are fighting so hard and the joy and spirit of competition is deeply rooted in them this year.
Well, I MUST get some sleep. I am very tired and while I get to sleep in, tomorrow is a very long day. Going to be beautiful weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment