WHEW...marching season is OVER! Part of me is sad about that, and part of me is glad at the same time. As my blogs have stated, life has been a bit difficult for me at work, most in part to the many new policies and different ways of doing things that are now being enforced by new administration. I can say that when I am with my students, I am happy and at peace, but aside from that it is difficult. I will probably not return to this school next year, thought not because I do not want to teach THOSE kids. They are amazing!
So as to not dwell on the "bad" and move on to the good. Marching season ended on a good note and it is nice to have transitioned to concert season now. I have them working on several pieces for the Holiday concert and what has become a favorite...RUSSIAN CHRISTMAS MUSIC! It is of high level and difficulty, but well worth all the time spent on it and the kids love it too. I have another neat, newly written work as well called As All The Heavens Were a Bell that the kids love and sounds neat! I am very impressed with their talent level, now that we are onto something other than the marching show. They are FAR ahead of this time last year. Because of this, I am having to rethink my concert festival contest music selections for them!
Halloween was yesterday, and the girls had a complete BLAST! Abbi was a cowgirl and Libbi was the chicken again. Dave, the girls and some neighbors set off around 6:30 pm to make their rounds. I stayed home and passed out candy. By 8 pm, with no sign of the girls or my husband, I began to get worried. BUT, alas, they turned up by 8:15 pm and I cannot begin to tell you how much candy they had! Add to that all the extra we had left over. So funny! They had a great time and I enjoyed seeing all the other neighborhood kids all dressed up. We did get some pictures, and once Dave transfers them over will post them.
I have jury duty next week....I am actually looking forward to what will probably amount to a ton of downtime! I have lots of things I can be working on so I will not stress too much hehe. It may even turn out to be interesting too if I do get called up.
Abbi was named to the Principal's Honor Roll at school, Dave will be going with her tomorrow to get her special awards. I am very proud of her...this means ALL A's in every subject and only the top conduct marks. She also appears to have earned a Citizenship award for getting all top marks in conduct, we are not sure they have the right kid though (JUST KIDDING, we know she is working hard to improve hehe).
Our Elizabeth is getting really good at writing her letters and seems to have jumped on this bandwagon that is called writing! She's beginning to also tie her shoes (no way, my baby cannot possibly be old enough to do that????). She has quite the little temper (wonder where she gets that from....blush) and has been known to throw a little tear fest at the slightest thing, but she's a tough kid.
Dave has a BBQ festival this weekend, here in town. I believe he is submitting a sauce for it lol.
My father's cancer surgery seemed successful, and Irene's cancer is not doing well. Keep them in your prayers please. We are looking to go to Ohio for a visit possibly over New Years to spend a little time with them both.
Well, I need to go get dinner cooking. Now that I am home since marching band is over, I am back to cooking and such.
1 comment:
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment