Thursday, November 11, 2010

I get the bad wife of the day award

Last night, Dave made a big pot of his Olive Garden recipe ZUPPA TOSCANA soup. He went to bed around 9:30 and asked me one simple thing, to put the soup in the fridge before I went to bed. I was exhausted, and even as he asked me, thought for a minute.....wow, what if I forget??

Well, since there's no school today, and Libbi had fallen asleep hours before, I allowed Abbi to stay awake and we hung out together watching tv. About 10:15 I was falling asleep. By 10:30 I told Abbi it was time for us both to go to bed.

Are you getting the idea of what happened? I went right to bed, barely washing my face before getting into my bed.

The soup was not put away. I forgot. In the most simplest of terms, I really forgot. I usually go into the kitchen and make sure things are settled from the day and set for the next. But since there was no school today, I guess there was no reason for me to visit the kitchen before bed.

Dave had finished getting dressed for his Veteran's Day ceremony this morning, and came into the bedroom to tell me I forgot something last night. THE SOUP!

I feel awful. He took the time to make the soup and the girls and he had some for dinner last night (I was at orchestra) and he even bragged on how BOTH girls ate it, even Libbi.

I really am sorry, and it's eating at me how I failed him in one simple request. He doesn't cook a whole lot for us, but when he does he is definitely proud of it, as am I.

Just go ahead and give me the bad wife of the day award, I deserve it.

No comments: