I'll accept this step in the right direction! Of course this also means her reading is leaps and bounds ahead of this time last year. Abbi did this in 2nd grade too...all of a sudden the academics just kicked in and WHAM off she went! Libbi is such a smart girl, and I think things are settling to the correct lobes of her brain and sorting themselves out.
The girls had Dance Company this evening, I leave work at 4:15 to rush home, pick them up form my friend's, rush home for them to change into dance clothes, and rush out the door again by 4:50 to get them to the dance studio by 5. It makes for a VERY hectic hour, but then life is calm and quiet and relaxing (for me) for an hour. I sit while they dance. Abbi is dancing with the big girls this year for the nursing home dances/parade. Libbi is dancing the nursing homes then riding in the truck for the parade. They have 3 dances for the homes, started learning a brand new one tonight since they have MASTERED the other 2 (did them the last 2 years, and no new girls this year so it came back easily) so Ms. Brandy decided to teach them another. Abbi has 2 more dances she will do with the big girls. THANKFULLY, the costume is the same for everything, and we borrow it from the studio. This helps keep costs down for this time of year. They are absolutely LOVING dance, and I am enjoying watching them make such great progress! Libbi is a natural, but Abbi works VERY hard and picks the steps up quickly. She's just not as graceful as Libbi, through no fault of her own. They will be doing a duet at the big recital in May, they are excited! They'll get private lessons, well, private SISTER lesson LOL.
Work went well today. I got to work to learn that because of 3rd grade state testing in the morning, NONE of my classes would be coming. I did not have to teach a class until 12:30!!!! I used my time wisely and got a lot done. I've selected the choir's December concert music too, which is a BONUS! Now to make a powerpoint and I'm set to go! The kids seem a little high strung this week, but we do have the day off Thursday, so I'm guessing this has them squirrely!
Dave is in Jonesboro. One of the customers for work is having issues with a product so Dave's office is busy sending guys up there to monitor things and see what's causing the issues. They ahve to be there at strange hours because of when different parts of the process occur (resins, gelcoats, etc...chemical STUFF). He expects to be home by midnight, we'll see. Actually I won't, as I expect to be long gone asleep.
I did fine with the time change, but by 5 pm today I was WORN OUT! I got plenty of sleep last night, and waking up this morning was easy since it was already light outside. I had no desire to pull the covers over my head and declare it IMPOSSIBLE for me to be awake already.
Anyways, the girls are in bed, and I will soon be in my tub relaxing and soaking.
No comments:
Post a Comment