Saturday, November 6, 2010

ACKK!

I'm bad, I admit it. Since finding Facebook I have severely neglected this area of my life. I miss it, I need to get back to it, but making promises about it hasn't done the trick. All I can say now is that I will really try.

Anyways, I am enjoying being home on a rare Saturday for a BIG chunk of time. I was able to sleep in until about 9 am (though I was awake from about 7 am on and dozed), and considering I was in bed at 11 last night this is wonderful! The girls are more or less being helpful with straightening up and folding laundry at the moment. We've weeded out the jackets/coats/gloves/hats for this coming cold season and reorganized that little corner where it's all kept. I've 3 more hours here at home to see what all I can accomplish, I'm hoping a lot more!

Dave is off playing golf. He had Abbi with him this morning at his work, helping her do some things for her science fair project. We'll meet up later at our friends house for hanging out/dinner and most of all relaxing and having fun!

Libbi got a hair cut today at the new salon we're calling our home. Extremely pleased with it, and with BETTER qualified stylists and HALF the cost as my old salon, I'm happy. Of course my oldest now gets charged ADULT price, but that girl has some hair and with all her layers I GUESS I can live with that LOL. It was the first time at this place I allowed the girls to be completely by themselves after turning them over to the stylist. I didn't hover, sit in a nearby hair chair, I simply sat in the front waiting area and let the girls/stylist have some air!

I'm about to enter my super busy season! My 4th grade choir has a performance in 2 weeks, the orchestra is frantically preparing for SCT which begins in just 7 rehearsals, and Majesty, along with the normal Sunday stuff. I'm also preparing for a big solo at my other church on Dec. 4. I'll sing with the choir, play a flute solo on a Christmasy hymn, then a BIG flute piece (one of my college audition pieces). It is AMAZING the difference this new flute makes in how it sounds now as opposed to 20 years ago!

Shakespheare is good, acting like a kitten still even at 12 years old, and now with the cooler weather he is SURE to snuggle with us in our bed the entire night! He adores the girls and especially seems drawn to Libbi.

The first round of report cards this year were quite good! All A's and E's for Abbi and Libbi got all B's and a G in conduct WHOO HOO!!! She is doing FAR better this year, and her academics are taking off as well. Abbi now wears glasses (she's farsighted) and is in the testing phase for APEX at school. Libbi has been referred to the Speech program too, to receive help with her S sounds. We seem to be keeping the Special Ed services quite busy, I have 3 IEP meetings for my 2 girls this coming week (all at one time thankfully). For APEX, we are waiting for the district to do their testing on Abbi, she has passed every other aspect (TCAP scores, report card grades, etc). I am not quite sure what they will do, I will find out this week.

My work is going great...I do love being at the 2 schools, but it makes me personally feel a little like I don't have a home base. I mean, the teachers treat me great, but I'm always missing out on something. Oh well, that's very small in the big scheme of things....the actual teaching is going well! I've had my first observation for evaluation this year and sailed through it with flying colors! The principal said she couldn't think of one single area to mark me as needing improvement in at least one area...but the state mandates she has to, so she asked me to come up with one, which I did. I have one more evaluation before February (a surprise, drop-in by one of the asst. principals) and then I will have TENURE! However, the state is changing the evaluation process/tenure process next year, so it is more a personal victory than anything else.

Well, the cleaning needs my attention and the girls are needing some additional "guidance" on their tasks as well. I'd better sign off.....until next time.

No comments: