Friday, May 1, 2009

Quiet weekend for me!

Dave shipped out this morning to Nashville for his annual Knight's golf tournament. I dropped Abbi off with Ellen to go to girl scout camp at 5:45 pm. I then headed to dance to pick Libbi up to begin our weekend alone. We went to the Chinese buffet, I let her pick. We got home and she changed into her pj's, put the tv on Disney channel, then promptly fell asleep before 8:30 pm. Never mind the fact that I told her she could stay up as late as she wanted, or the fact that the girl skipped her nightly snack completely....she must have been exhausted!

We have no obligation to be anywhere until Sunday morning. I have longed for a nice weekend, and especially with just her. I am not sure what we will do tomorrow, but that's not important.

I am extremely happy to report that Libbi has FINALLY earned her Incredible Pizza trip. Abbi earned hers over a month ago. I made a deal with the girls.....once both of them had one week of perfect conduct marks at school, I would take them to this place. Libbi has struggled. She only had one other week in the school year so far that she had accomplished a whole week of greens....so I thought the little treat/goal would help. It FINALLY did! She was so proud to tell me she got to go to the class treasure box today and showed me her little journal she picked out. She got a special certificate too. I am very proud of her.

Clearly, life has been HECTIC. A good hectic though and I wouldn't trade it for much else.

17 days of school left, then one teacher work day. That is if the swine flu stays away and does not close our school. A case was confirmed not far from here at all very near to where Dave works. Some schools have closed and all are taking precautions.

Anyways...Abbi was so excited this whole week about camp. I just hope it doesn't storm the whole time because I don't want her scared. This is her first time off alone for the whole weekend. Last time she went to this camp, it was a weekend with Dads too.

Well, I am VERY tired and it looks like we may have a stormy night. My bed sounds great right about now.

No comments: