Abbi returned from her weekend at Camp today. Despite the near 24 hour rain since Friday evening, she had a GREAT time and did most everything they had planned to do.
She said they got there Friday and unloaded the cars and figured out which cabin they were supposed to go to. She and 5 other little girls had a cabin to themselves. These cabins are made of wood and the windows only have screens in them....no glass. It was pouring when they got there, so apparently the evening was spent indoors working on crafts and games. Then they headed to bed. I asked Abbi if her cabin had an adult in it and she said NOPE....Sarah (who is 8) was the oldest one. Abbi said they stayed awake for a bit and had a little party, oh she was funny, wouldn't tell me what they did. It stormed ALL night (here and there) and she said they moved their beds to the middle of the cabin.
Saturday they got up and had breakfast, then the day consisted of being stuck inside during a thunderstorm, but then hiking a mile to the gulleys...which apparently are always wet and slippery....so JUST IMAGINE what they found with as much rain as we have had! Abbi said they slipped and slided and rolled around having a grand ole time! They were completely covered in mud and we had been asked to send along clothes that could be thrown away. They were supposed to have a campfire last night, but obviously the ground and wood was too wet and it was still pouring.
They went to sleep and woke up this morning to breakfast and then CANOEING. Abbi said she stayed in the canoe the entire time. When she went to the camp last fall with Dave she was scared and only stayed in for a few minutes. But this time she braved it. It was raining and all. I guess there is a big lake there. I asked if anyone fell in the lake and she said NOPE!
I met one of the other Moms to pick her once they got back to town. As soon as I got her home, she made a beeline for the tv. I supposed she missed the thing! I emptied her bags...every, single bit of clothing was wet and muddy. I did not expect any less fully knowing the weather. It went straight into the washer and was put through three times just for good measure!
The girls were happy to see each other but WOW, they must have gotten way too used to being "spoiled" (Libbi with just me and Abbi with her friends). They bickered, Abbi turned super bossy and crabby (lack of sleep I am sure) and it just wasn't all too pleasant being with both of them this evening.
Dave got home right after I got them to bed...he too had wet clothes, but thankfully not nearly as muddy as Abbi's!
I think that is about the extent of the update I can give tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment