Friday, May 8, 2009

Incredible Pizza outing for girls

As I mentioned, Libbi FINALLY earned her week straight of great conduct marks, so tonight we took the girls to INCREDIBLE PIZZA! It has a huge buffet (pizza of course, among other things, salads, desserts) and then an even bigger game room.

We ate first and wow was I glad the game area was completely separate from the eating area or else the girls may never have eaten! It was pretty good!

Then we headed to the games. Dave and the girls started off riding the bumper cars and absolutely loved that! After that we looked around some more and went on this 4D motion ride....simulates like a roller coaster sort of, but was a mine experience. It lasted over 6 minutes, so at a buck a person was WELL worth it! I was so proud that Libbi sat in a car all by herself to do this!

After that we went and drove racecars. Libbi rode with me, but Abbi was able to drive herself and did great. Libbi and I came in 2nd place.

After that we went and played miniature golf...though there were some teenagers behind us that kept just hitting the ball into us so we sorta just didn't try to be all official and did not keep score. Then we did this mini bowling thing. Libbi was a bit pouty on that as she did not do too well. Dave's strategy was to try and make the pins explode.....such a showoff lol.

I looked at my watch and it was 9:45....WOW did we have a great time!

They kept saying thank you over and over.

So, my choir had their performance last night. It was very special and I could not have been any prouder. They sang their hearts out and sounded wonderful! I even broke tears on the YOU RAISE ME UP selection, they just sounded so sweet. When I left the band job, I never thought I would be able to re-create that feeling of when they would have a great performance as I conducted them. I never thought it could be possible with elementary kids, but I learned last night I was completely wrong! My heart welled up with that immeasurable pride that I so have missed. These 50 kids (3rd and 4th grade) made me feel that again and it was neat. I was again filled with the deep understanding that God put me there at this school for that very reason. I was led to form the choir and give these kids the gift of music from their souls. And if I can be completely honest, I cannot be any happier that I am where I am with my work right now. Perhaps this is what I was meant to do. I know that I have mostly really enjoyed this school year. There are just 12 days left of class days and 1 teacher work day. It is so hard to believe how it has flown by! The choir will be singing Tuesday after school at a special reception for the incoming principal, then I will have their party with them.

Well....lots more I could update, but I am sleepy! I wanted to be sure I documented our special evening though, I did take a few pictures with my phone so I will try and get those up tomorrow.

No comments: