I do so love being home! 3 days of break down, so many more to go. It has been a hot few days, though sunny and low humidity, so it is not too bad. The evenings have been quite pleasant.
Friday saw me sleeping in late. I didn't feel well, the cold tried to get me down, but a bit of sleep did the trick. Now if i can stop sneezing and being congested then life would be even better! The girls had their last day of daycare Friday, so I took advantage of that and had the oil changed in the van. I came home to water the flowers and cook dinner. I then suggested we go to Old Time Pottery to look around at some things necessary for our to do lists (silk flowers, rugs for under the recliners, trying to find some kitchen utensils, and then just browsing that huge store).
Saturday morning, I took Abbi to Brownies. It's the last one and they had a mother/daughter tea. Ellen did such a great job of making it so real...real china (hers) including dessert plates and teapots, big hats made out of tissue paper (looked good too!), lemonade and petite fours (sponge cake in teeny squares with powdered sugar, icing, or sugar coating YUM). The girls had such fun and so did the Moms. The rest of the patches and all were given out. Abbi was one of the high sellers for the cookie sale and she was so happy to FINALLY get all her prizes. She is most pleased with ELLA, the stuffed elephant. Very soft and real nice, I may have to borrow ELLA some when I need something soft lol.
After that Abbi and I went to Chili's for lunch with Ellen and her family. Then we headed home. The girls napped then played inside all afternoon, it was so hot out. I put together an easy recipe for home made noodles I came across. We had spaghetti for dinner and WOW the pasta was so darn good! After dinner we went out to spend time in the beautiful weather...watering flowers, running through the water hose Mommy held and just enjoying life. The girls kept making up little "booty dances" and would do them on the driveway. They were so cute!
Sunday brought an early alarm clock so I could go play the services at church. Dave took the girls to SFA Mass. I came home and we heated up leftovers for lunch after the girls came back home from swimming up the street. They then went to Dave's softball game while I went back to church to play with the orchestra for Carter's CD release preview. I only played on half the songs so I was able to listen and enjoy some.
Once I was finished playing, I came on home. The girls were swimming next door so I went over there to chat for a bit. Libbi had an accident in the pool and it was very embarrassing. I know she felt awful and we apologized profusely. She NEVER does that but today she did for some reason. She said she couldn't get out fast enough. But GROSS! Once we got her home I had her jump in the shower, strip daysown and soap her entire body. YES, I made her apologize as well and I grounded her for 3 days from pools.
I am officially falling asleep. I intend on keeping up with this thing this summer, and promise to share as much about the girls as I can.
Signing off.....
No comments:
Post a Comment