Saturday, November 3, 2007

a weekend home

A normal, family weekend...YAY! Dave was busy with a BBQ contest this weekend, here in town. The team he was on competed in ribs and shoulder. They did not place. We took both girls up last night and had a grand old time for about 3 hours! They ran around with a few friends and I stayed by the huge smoker in the booth trying to stay warm haha. Dave woke up early and went back up to finish cooking before judging. The girls and I spent the entire day here at home, cleaning their rooms. I managed to have one of the seasons of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL on and watched bits and pieces of several episodes. I never watch that much tv hehehe, even if I was only catching a little here and there, it was enough to get the general idea.

I needed to get out of the house by the time dinner time came around, and Dave sure did not feel like cooking, so we headed to the little Mexican place here in town. I'd like to say it was a nice dinner, but Libbi decided once her food came out that she did not want to eat and she pitched a bit of a fit and landed herself out in the car. She came back in and did finally eat. The girls did not have a good day. I found food up in their rooms this morning and Libbi had decided to find some markers and color her piggy bank and her carpet. hence the day spent inside cleaning their rooms. The more I see their behavior either at the beginning of marching season with me gone all of a sudden, then once it is over and I am back home, it is making me want to not be in a HS position like this even more. It really messes with them to not have me here. Dave sure does try and doesn't complain too much, but it is not fair to the girls and there is a huge lack of consistency because I am not home to see how things are done during marching season and then come home and try to just jump in and give Dave a break. I do not know the right answers or the right way to go about this. I know some of it is the girl's fault, but I also blame myself because of this job and not being home. Why do I feel all the toughness at work is actually happening for a reason to show me that I need a less stressful and time-consuming job? Maybe I'm reading into things too much.

Perhaps it is me having an odd transition back into being a wife and Mom. Don't get me wrong, I am not dwelling or feeling down about all of this. It surely is very nice to be back home, but now that I am, Dave is busy with all of his things and I guess I really just want family time with all of us together. Probably the same thing he desires when I am gone so much too.

I am looking forward to jury duty next week. I am actually excited to learn a little bit more about this judicial process, a lot of people who have done it have said it is kind of neat after all! Plus, a bit of time away from the school will help too. I just hope I do not have to be sequestered lol.

I am starting to plan the menu for Thanksgiving, as we are hosting several of Dave's family for the big day! It's coming up quickly, and I will be so glad to have the time with my family and girls! I plan on watching the parade and cooking up a storm! Then before I know it, I will have 2 weeks off for Winter break! Abbi and I have the same days off!

Well, we plan on painting one of the girls' rooms tomorrow, as we have had the paint for months now. I hope to tell you in the next update that we accomplished that, but am not making any promises! Sometimes on Sundays we just have a lazy day after church while the girls are napping and we nap too!

Well, I'll b sure to type some about jury duty once I start that.

No comments: