Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fun Day!

The girls and I had a delightful afternoon! After we went to lunch with some friends, I took the girls to Paint a Piece pottery store. You get to pick from a wide variety of items, then paint it however you wish and they'll fire it in the kiln and you pick it up in about a week. We learned of this place when Abbi went there for a birthday party. What a wonderful idea! I'd heard of such places of course, but seeing was believing. At the party I had taken Abbi to, I saw large platters/plates (just one of hundreds of items) and knew I'd take the girls both back with me to have some fun!

We made a large, rectangle Christmas platter, using the girls hand prints as the focal point! It will say MERRY CHRISTMAS at the top and 2007 at the bottom, while having the girl's names underneath their hand print.

HOW FUN IS THAT???!!! I only let them do their hand print, then I painted the rest of the plate, while they each painted their own tree ornaments.

We were there for roughly 2 hours and it was fun! Abbi was so careful on her ornament (a mitten) and painted it multi-colors with dots on it. Libbi painted hers one color, then added another right on top, and so on...but she loved doing it!

We'll see how the plate and ornaments turn out. We may have just found a new yearly thing to do! The store has so many really neat ideas, not to mention that there is something therapeutic in sitting and painting (I really do love art).

The girls missed their naps and boy by 6 pm Elizabeth was giving us a run for our money...she was so cranky! They both fell right asleep though and gave me some time to get some quiet work done after I spent the afternoon/evening cleaning house.

Yesterday was the ALL WEST TN auditions that my school held...those 570+ kids all came and everything went WONDERFUL and smoothly. I was at school by 6 am and left at 6 pm, LONG day. One of my students was selected for the top Jazz Band, and is eligible to audition for the All State Jazz Band, yippee!! Another was named as an alternate for the orchestra. Not too shabby for ALL of West TN! I was so tired and came home and fell into bed. Dave was gone all yesterday at a Fourth Degree ceremony with the Knights, so the girls were with their babysitter all day.

Just 2 days of work this week, then we are off school for a bit. That will be nice. I am cooking a huge dinner and we are having some church friends over and Dave's Dad and Aileen will be in town as well. I am looking forward to it. Dave and his dad will go play golf Friday, I am not sure what the girls and Aileen and I will do.

Well, we now officially have christened our house (even though it was new and moved into over 1.5 years ago). Just as in our old house soon after moving in, the same thing has happened here...Dave's foot went through the ceiling when he was working in the attic. At the old house it was in the hallway and he did repair it, but thankfully here it was in the garage. GEEZE....we get in our new house and he has to go BREAK it (I am kidding, not being serious). He came limping in the house as I was sweeping the kitchen floor and looked to be in some pain. His leg was all bruised and I made him put ice on it. Of course I then went to take a look and see drywall/ceiling pieces all over the top of his car and the garage floor. GOSH, he is lucky he didn't fall all the way (he didn't last time either) and even luckier that he didn't fall further too because he would have probably broken the sun roof in his car! But, we now have a hole, good thing he knows how to fix it. This makes it official though, it is indeed HOME now that he has "marked it" with his foot.

:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do think that would be a neat tradition for you and the girls each Christmas. You will see how their hands grow or their ornaments get more sophisticated with age... as long as the shop stays in business. There was one here but it went out of business. Happy Holidays!!!!! Glad you told me about your blog!

Nonnie