WHEW is the one word to describe a very busy week! Between teaching and band practice it's been NUTS! I truly do need more hours in each day, I have only been able to get about 6 hours of sleep each night, nowhere NEAR enough. Somehow though, I function the next day.
BUT, 6 pm yesterday hit and I finally was looking at 3 days off, no band committments, and the only thing on my plate is a Redbird's baseballg ame with Dave and the girls Sunday. I am so happy to report that I was able to have dinner wtih my family, take baths with the girls, then I fell into bed at 11 pm and slept until around 9 this morning. I feel so good and it is indeed nice to relax! Sure, I am busy catching up on housework and such, but to be home is great!
We will run to Home Depot later and get a few things for the house and for the band and if the "teacher store" is still open I will go get some things for my classroom/students. We appear to have a small grocery list as well.
The girls first soccer game was last night, of course I did not pull up until AFTER the game was over (band practice got over at 6). Dave is coaching them and said that Abbi played great. But, Libbi just doesn't seem to be into that much. She was like this with tball some (it was too slow paced for her I believe) but we thought with soccer having a lot more action she might do better with it. Dave and I think Libbi is simply a girly girl type and she may just not be interested in sports other than dance. She'll finish the season (it is only a month long) and we will re-evaluate for tball and soccer next year.
Dave and I may try to go out alone tonight (a DATE), it has been a rough transition to me being home all the time this summer to me never being home since school has started. It is hard on the girls and does reflect in their behavior. Thankfully, marching season is only 2 more months, then life does calm down some.
The band is doing well....we got in the rest of the show drill and I started teaching it this past week. The first contest is Sept 15. I have scheduled a show night for the parents on Sept. 11. This will be done in FULL uniform, I like to give them a chance to do that the first time outside of a contest so they can get used to everyone looking alike. They get so used to what each other looks like in regular practice clothes that putting the uniform on can cause a bit of confusion while marching the show. I am excited! To see it all come together.
Well, I am only taking a few minutes break to sit down and need to go work on my closet. I have been taking out the clothes that are too big...conquered the dressers already. I am feeling so good! My students are saying that they can really tell a difference and that I look pretty. Other teachers are saying that, and that I just look so good! Those words are so kind and mean a lot to me. For my TEENAGE students to say such nice things, that means more to me than anything since they are such critics of the world around them and how people look.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment