WHEW...if I wasn't up for a few more minutes waiting to switch a load of laundry over to the dryer, this puppy would be IN BED! I am sick, and I am tired (but in no way mad lol).
I have a sinus infection and I just cannot miss school! I am trying to get the last few drill charts for the band show taught to the kids and it has been challenging! There are a few moves that are quite difficult and have taken a LOT longer to learn than I envisioned! Not to mention, the heat came back (only around 90 degrees, but still not as nice as the 75-80 we had last week!).
We have about 4 hours of practice tomorrow, and hopefully the band will get comfortable with all the new things from this week! We have two competitions Saturday, both at the same school. The morning one is for a rating only and the aft/evening is a regular contest. We have 7 other bands competing against us in each contest, in our class. Close to 20 bands overall at each contest (many are doing both, so basically same match-ups). I think my kids will do well.
I have been busy this week trying to get the St. Louis trip/contest finalized and find a location/football field to practice on the Friday we get there. It has been a week of paperwork heck and such.
This darn sinus infection grabbed a hold of me at the worst possible time! I did stay home yesterday morning and sleep an extra few hours, but I needed to get to school by 11 am to teach the band classes. It did help some. This evening I was a sneezing mess at practice, but thankfully I still have my spunk...albeit a sneezy, nose running spunk.
Dave took the girls up to the elementary school this evening for Abbi's 1st grade Open House. She'd been talking about it the entire week and Dave made a deal with the girls...they get their rooms cleaned then he would take them. Well, they did so they went! They came home with lots of neat things she has been doing in class. I wish I would have been able to go.
We managed to get Libbi interested in playing soccer, and once she got the hang of it at the game Monday, she was giving it a pretty good try. Do I dare tell you that Dave had bribed her with going to McDonald's if she played? She just was getting scared of all the commotion and I think she realized it is not so bad after all. It's still doubtful she will be signed up to play next year though...we'll just have to see. It was finally very sweet to see both of my girls playing though.
Well, my laundry is ready to be switched and I need to take some meds and get to bed. I have a long few days coming up!
No comments:
Post a Comment