THE HEAT WAVE HAS BROKEN! Today was the first day in a month that I have not had limitations on taking the band outside to practice YIPEE!!! It only got to 93 degrees today instead of 105-110. It almost felt pleasant! Those that know me well know I despise the heat, and a celebration over 93 degrees is so not typical of me!
It has been a busy few days! It was Open House at school last night, and thankfully, I had about 40 parents show up, which in years past I have had zero. DEFINITELY made it worth spending an extra three hours at work. I did manage to get caught up on a lot of things as well.
I am looking forward to a MUCH needed evening home with the girls tomorrow. Of course I will spend it catching up on laundry and housework, but to be home will be nice. There is NOT a football game this Friday and we'll be staying home to enjoy the long weekend.
The girls started soccer last night....Dave is coaching them. They are the LIME GREEN team. The girls looked so cute in their uniforms and shin guards last night when I got home from work.
Monday, I got the wonderful suprise of a summons for JURY DUTY...ick is the only word that explains that. So, next Wedneesday I will go downtown and sit in a room all day for the questioning pool, and pray that I will not get selected. My principal gave me a note to take explaining my job and no subs and how this could impact my 100 students, I am praying real hard. My entire life I was blessed to never get that dreaded letter, but it came at last.
Well, it is late now and I need to get to bed. I will update more later and try to get an updated picture up soon.
TAKE CARE
No comments:
Post a Comment