ALAS, a day gone by makes a bit of a difference. Things are a little better in the band world today. I have a few kids that apologized, I had a good talking at to some others and I have spoken with or emailed and gotten responses and resolve with 6 parents. WHEW! Today was a little bit better and I am not feeling as down as last night. I can't say I feel completely warm and fuzzy again yet either, but anything is a step in the right direction.
It's a nutso week at school too this week...end of the grading period, a practice ACT test that all sophomores had to take today, rain and storms, you name it, it is taking place this week (oh, my birthday too).
I received the biggest compliment I could have gotten from a parent this evening via email. She thanked me for dealing with her difficult son, and she said I ROCKED and was an amazing person to give up so much of my own life to be with the band so much to try and make them the best they can be...she said lots more but this pretty much covers it. It validates my purpose, and we all need to hear things like that from time to time. High school students cannot always recognize everything the people who care about them are doing to give them lasting memories or to at least be proud of what they are accomplishing. For me to hear it and be reminded from time to time makes it worth it.
SO....we got 2.5 inches of rain while I had Abbi at her dance class this afternoon...WOW! More is on the way too tonight. I have lucked out that while it's been a rainy week, it has dodged each and every rehearsal of mine and school class where it's paid off to be outside on the field.
My birthday is tomorrow and I will be spending it with my band "family". I work all day then have rehearsal in the evening.
Well, I had to put it down here that things were a little bit better now....I hope it continues.
No comments:
Post a Comment