Thursday, June 25, 2009

What a Day!


I woke this morning to hear that Farrah had died. Then this afternoon Michael Jackson died. Yesterday Ed McMahon died. It's been a busy few days in Hollywood! I wish all their families peace during this difficult time.

Aside from that, fairly uneventful here. I won't even say what time I out out of bed this morning. If I did, there may be some jealous people. And I don't want that. The girls and I spent the afternoon straightening up (not much to do) and I put dinner together. A crock pot Chicken and dumplings (partially from a box and partially what I threw together from my pantry to extend it). I believe I managed a shower and hair washing around 4 pm, but it's all good!

STILL hot, but not as bad. Sure, it may get to 98 or 100, but today and yesterday the humidity has been far less. In other words, it has been slightly bearable instead of unbearable. The girls have no desire to get out and play so we watch movies, they play with barbies and horses, we make origami, I teach them to cook, and we just try to fill our time with productive and fun things for SUMMER BREAK!

I enrolled the girls in several fun activities the library is hosting for kids this summer. Tonight's was a science one learning about forces of gravity. They learned a bit then were split into teams to make veggie cars and then had a race. The girls team WON!!!!! WOW, I was amazed. Out of the 3 cars, theirs is the only one that rolled, and was the most basic. I will post a picture here very soon, it is in transit from my phone to computer. They used a small cucumber for the body and then used cherry tomatoes and toothpicks for the wheels. The other cars used lots of veggies and were overdecorated or not much thinking went into the aerodynamics of them. Like how the bottom of the cucumber needed to be sliced to be able to move! But considering the kids made them after learning just a bit of basic info, and were allowed to make their own choices, I thought they ALL did great!

How neat! See, when I taught band, I never had time to even think of allowing my kids to do things like this. This is the first true summer I have had with the kids...last summer I was interviewing. There is so much FREE stuff out there for them to do and learn.

Anyways, thought I'd put a few more things on here...

Gallon of gas $2.57
Gallon of Milk $2.80 (on sale)
Bread $2 for Sunbeam
Gallons of milk my family has gone through in a week 3, starting on 4

No comments: