Friday, June 19, 2009

VBS

The girls have ABSOLUTELY loved being part of VBS this week. I'd pick them up each day and they could hardly wait turns to tell me everything about what they did. Oh, and they sang so many songs to me that they learned. The theme was Crocodile Dock. As I sat and watched each grade perform one of the songs/motions, I was filled with such pride in being a Christian. I felt that I was blessed to be able to give my children the wonderful opportunity they were part of to bring them closer to God. They have watched the Passion Play a thousand times this week, and never seem to grow tired.

It doesn't matter that I am Catholic and my family is, yet I play in the orchestra at the Southern Baptist church across the street.....we are all part of God's family and it means something and touches me when I am reminded of that Awesomeness!

Let's see...the silly memories....they loved the snack each day. The snacks were created to match the swampy and gator theme and seemed to be a hit for most of the kids! Abbi loved the games they played outside. I don't quite understand what they were doing, but she said it involved finding skittles and talking to people you both knew and those you didn't. Libbi lived the dock set up in one of the hallways. Abbi loved Ms. Laura, who taught them all the songs and played the guitar. QUITE the talented lady and dearly loved by all. Libbi had fun becoming friends with one of my little students I'd had for music class at my school, was neat seeing them run around. Each day they would tell me the stories of the Bible they had shared and talked about that particular day. The burning bush and Moses was recreated, stories of Noah and the Ark were played out, the parting of the Red Sea was popular, , etc. As I sat and watched all the kids, I just was so happy seeing my children so happy and filled with joy about Jesus!

I've spent my mornings getting work done this week. Only one morning did I come back home and go back to bed. I took advantage of the quiet to get a lot done. This morning I ran to the teacher work center to laminate a TON of stuff and do a few other things. I was lucky there was no one else there to use the laminating machine so that was good! 2 hours later I left with an armload of stuff to cut out.

After the girls performance, we had to go to Walmart to get a few things and ate McDonalds. We'd heard this toddler just screaming and crying, and I thought oh no....we are in for it! Turns out, it belonged to this lady in front of us in line, she was pregnant. She was acting like she did not want her daughter near her, nor the other little boy running around who was her son. I've never seen someone flat out just ignore their children like that who were screaming and running around in a public place. It was like she had no love for them either, yet there she was pregnant again. I'm sorry, but if you are going to get pregnant and have children, you need to love them as well as control them. The little girl only wanted her momma to hold her. She wasn't yet 2 either as far as I could tell. This is the kind of woman who sleeps around without any care for what result could happen. I don't understand people like that. I mean, if you do not want children but you want to sleep with people, then there are simple things to take care of it. This woman's demeanor and look on her face was just like did not care. I know I wasn't the only one in the place who noticed either. Sure, we all get a bit mad at the world and our children, but this was so completely different.

So, we got home and I set to cutting all the things I got laminated, wow did it take a long time! I was still at it when Dave got home from work. When done, I went outside with the girls and let them ride bikes and such, then I noticed a dog running at me. A beagle. I figured I oughtta catch the collar, because it was a loose dog hehe. The girls started yelling LUCY and I quickly learned it was from up the street. I had Libbi go tell them we had their dog and when they came to get her they invited the girls swimming. Oh, now you KNOW they were so ready to get an invite! Dave set our pool up yesterday but the chemicals are not quite settled in it yet (should be tomorrow). I went up and talked for a bit while the girls swam and swam. They will return tomorrow afternoon to a little swim party there too for a few hours. We are friends with these people, but with our summer starting off out of town, we are a bit behind.

I am not sure what the weekend holds for us. Our 11th Wedding Anniversary is tomorrow. GOSH, time just flies. This time exactly 11 years ago I was headed to the hotel with my bridal party. Dave stayed at our apartment and of course I couldn't stay there lol. And just like the year we got married, Father's Day is Sunday.

No real plans though. I love summer! Except the heat. Has been BAD lately....upper 90's with heat index near 115. Yuck.

Well, I am heading to bed.

No comments: