Saturday, June 20, 2009

11th Wedding Anniversary

WOW...we made it to ELEVEN years being married, thirteen years knowing each other. In today's society, that is an accomplishment!

I won't say it is easy, I won't even say that every moment I have loved and cherished. What I WILL say is that I am so blessed to have a man by my side that weathers this thing called LIFE with me.

We've created two beautiful children, live in our dream home, are secure in our jobs, and have great family and friends. The life we have made together gives us a lot to be thankful for and all the joy and tears and frustrations and celebrations that are necessary. We've been thrown curveballs, but we've made it through. He's made me so angry I wanted out, as have I done the same to him. But at the bottom of it all, we love each other and are in it together.

So I need to share a weird moment.....as I just typed that last sentence, the lyrics "we're all in this together" were o the tv the girls and their friend are watching. Coincidence?? Maybe, but I tend to think it is just a little more joy for our day.

Exactly eleven years ago right this minute, we were exchanging our vows in a church filled with 160 of our friends and family. Some of those people who we love have left this world, but many are still here. To that 160 we have added so many more friends and family.

I love David with every ounce of my being. He came to me at a time when I needed him most. Only I didn't know then. I soon learned though. I wonder what our future brings, I wonder how much more and differently our love will grow, I wonder how our children will continue to grow and become their own people.....I wonder so much. However, I do not have to wonder who will be by my side. Because my husband will. For all his horse farts, slow typing, annoying phrases.....he will be here with me, forever.

To celebrate, I made a cake! But it is 99 degrees outside and even though it feels VERY nice in here with the ac, it is still warm. The icing tried to melt, so I had to put the cake in the fridge lol. Dave gave me 11 red roses, and gave one to his morning helper.....Libbi. We are headed to dinner alone tonight. The girls have Lindsey sleeping over, they have been all together the entire day playing and then at Hana's for a swim party. It's been pleasant and relaxing! I cleaned house and we just enjoyed being home.

Speaking of that cake....it is time to cut it and have some.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

No comments: