Tuesday, June 23, 2009

HOT, HOT, HOT

Yep, it's hot allright! Today it got to 100 degrees with a heat index of 120. I had to brave going out to run to the grocery. Upon settling in my van, it felt pleasant. Of course I keep the van in the garage and the garage DOWN. The van read the outdoor temperature as 83 degrees, which is pretty typical for the garage when it is left closed. It was nice not to be in an oven waiting for the AC to cool it down. Now, the store is only two or three miles from home. Not too bad considering we used to have to travel further just for a grocery. The store wasn't too crowded, people just don't care to get out when it is this hot. Did I mention we are under an Excessive Heat Warning?

Much to my wanting to keep an even temper with the girls in tow, they got along wonderfully in the store and were great helpers. Typically store visits with them are far less than fun and I end up in a bad mood.

Getting back in the van wasn't too bad, I do not think it felt as hot as it really was, but maybe I am becoming immune to it or I was still basking in the bliss of my girls being good in the store. The drive home was good. Little did I know the BEST part was to come....

The girls have devised a way to bring in groceries and offered to bring everything in. Not that we'd gotten a whole lot, but still. They told me to go inside and start putting things away and they'd bring it in. WAIT, did aliens overtake my children? I think so, but I went along with it anyways. They brought everything in and did not complain a single bit! Seriously, these are not my kids! I put everything away and they went upstairs to clean their rooms. There was a tad of bickering here, but sisters aren't supposed to get along every, single second. I know, I have been there done that.

It is hot though. It is miserable. I know going out later tonight just to water my landscaping will mean a shower is necessary. I do not bother doing my hair in this weather, there is just no reason. It looks hot, it is hot and I am so happy my AC works beautifully! We have it set at 78 during the day and 72 at night. We have a few fans to help circulate the cold air and so far it is very nice. I really wanted to take the girls on a picnic to the park today, but that was out of the question. The heat index is not supposed to be as bad tomorrow, though I have a class in the morning from 8-11.

The girls don't even want to go outside, well, they do but they know how gross it is and would rather stay in with me. We are hoping the heat wave breaks soon. Right now I would take even 90 degrees. I really long for the 50 and 60 degrees we had in Michigan.

Not much else to share from here. Other than "Feelin' hot, hot, hot".

No comments: