Thursday, July 2, 2009

WOW, almost a week












I guess I've been a bit busy since I noticed I had not updated in about a week. So, here goes...

Last weekend was Starlight Spectacular with the orchestra. We played WONDERFUL! At practice last night we watched the DVD of the fireworks set, and WOW, it was amazing! I can't say as I've ever played Stars and Stripes so awesome on piccolo before. I mean, I have played it a thousand times and can do it from memory without a hitch. But something was different and I really sounded amazing. Upon listening to the DVD last night, I was amazed! Yay me. The entire performance was just so good on everyone's parts. I am hopeful they can make a copy of this DVD for us. While it was hot at the performance, there was a breeze that really helped things and made it bearable. Of course I was miffed that Dave and Kevin snuck beer in and were drinking it, but oh well. I could have just let it go after I voiced my opinion or stew...I chose to let it go. We will be getting information next week about the trip to Gatlinburg in October to play a HUGE gig there. It is already sold out apparently!

The girls have been fairly good this week, we were home most of the first part of the week, aside from a trip to the grocery store. Today we met Heather for lunch before she moves to Indiana. After dinner, I braved sitting on the back patio so they could swim, and they'd invited a neighbor over as well. You see, after 6 pm, the mosquitoes are AWFUL back there. I despise them and typically just steer clear of the area after 6 pm. Dave usually is out with them, but he was cutting grass and trimming, so I braved it. I did put bug spray on so that helped. However, now I smell like bug spray. BUT, I did not mind too much.....

Earlier this week, I got the office enough sorted to get the treadmill out. I had wanted Dave to show me how it works, but that did not work out so I just went this afternoon and figured it out. Now, it is not too complicated, but of course I did not want the thing to take off with me on it lol. I figured it out and I was on it for about 20 minutes. WHEW! I have to be careful not to get my heart rate up too high, so I stopped a lot for a few seconds. When Dave got home, he looked at the thing and was surprised because I had it on the highest incline. I had tried to get it close to flat but it did not appear to do so, so I kept it where it was...which turned out to be the highest! YIKES! No wonder it kicked my butt! So tomorrow I will try it on the lowest incline and see how that works out.

Dave's dad had surgery this morning....he donated a kidney to his brother-in-law this morning. Everything went well for the removal and the transplant, so everyone is thankful.

No comments: