It's been raining, mostly pouring, since about 1:15 pm today. It's 11:30 pm now and finally starting to taper off. ALL the crape myrtle trees have become what I am calling weeping myrtles! The rain has made the branches and blooms so heavy they are so very droopy! We've been blessed the last month or so that just when we need to start watering the yard again, it rains. And not just rains, but POURS and makes it so we can go a long while before watering again. Today was a dark and very dreary day for the entire day. Took the rain a long time to cross the river and get started, but once it did...it kept coming.
Was one of those perfect rainy days that typically happens in October. It didn't even get above 70 degrees! It was not however, a day I could be lazy, but that was perfectly fine. We rolled outta here by 10:50 am to get to the library for a program the girls were signed up for WOW by the Memphis zoo (Wildlife on Wheels). A zookeeper with a "mobile zoo" brought several animals and taught the kids about them, let them touch etc. They got to meet a snake, a hedgehog named Sonic, a bug of some sort from Madagascar, see a cheetah pelt/fur, etc. The parents do not get to sit in and watch, the area is too small and they put a curtain up since the library is still open. After that we headed to finally try out the new McDonald's in our town. Pretty nice on the inside, but still your typical McDonalds. Girls were in heaven though! Came back home and straightened up, tackled cleaning my bathroom. My brother has been in Jackson this week at their plant there and drove here this evening to go out to dinner with us. We took him to Pig N Whistle. Got drenched getting in and out of the car at the restaurant though...UGH! Girls just adore him lol.
We let Libbi have Dr. Pepper for dinner and she was literally nonstop talking to herself and bouncing off the walls unable to sit down...WOW. Note to Mom and Dad...NEVER let that child have caffinated drinks during the week and stick with her usual Sprite or lemonade. After a shower (her fastest in history) and an hour of settling down I THINK she had a caffeine crash and fell asleep. WHOAH.
So, some funnies from lately....
1-Yesterday we were having lunch here. Just Abbi, Libbi and I. The girls started talking about getting married. Libbi said she HOPED she would be able to get a husband. Abbi said she wanted to have a little boy. Libbi said she wanted a boy and a girl baby someday. It was cute and I know probably really not as far away as I'd like it to be!
2-Libbi would not stop saying Grandpa was coming. She knows my Dad as grandpa Steve. So when we told her my brother Steve..her Uncle Steve, was coming for dinner today, she kept referring to him as grandpa...when is grandpa going to be here...etc. My poor brother!
3-I paid $2.16 for a gallon of gas a few days ago....the price has dropped 3 cents since then!
4-Dave went out, when he got home from work, in the pouring rain to let a little water out of the pool. It had rained so much the water was nearly at the top of the ring. He was pushing lightly on the ring and letting water pour out slowly, when all of a sudden LOTS of water came crashing out! I thought the pool would just completely drain. The girls were standing on the patio (it is covered) and the water came flooding onto the patio almost to the door and they came running inside. It was funny to see! Dave got the pool wall back up, and in the end what LOOKED to be a lot of water turned out not to be so much gone. I bet we have to drain even more tomorrow! Dave got a little wet and had to change clothes AGAIN before we went to dinner.
5-Yesterday morning I woke up and my clock said 7:42 am. I got all worried that Dave had overslept. I thought I saw him still asleep...so after saying his name and I THOUGHT taping him...I learned he wasn't there. It was my pillow DUH! When I told him later about it he just laughed at me,
My elbow is really starting to bug me again. It is hard to straighten it out and just is bothering me. Not always painful, but bugs me. I am afraid to go to the ortho. He said last summer that if it was still not right by this summer, then surgery would be possible. Um, ouch and way too much time off???!!! I know I will need to get in though so I should make the call tomorrow or Thursday. I have a week and a half before I return to work so I need to get it done.
Well, I need to get the elbow resting. I am sure typing does not help it any. Looking forward to 8 more days with the girls before work. Some things I would like to do before our summer is over: see a movie with the girls, go to the Pink Palace/Imax museum, bake cupcakes with them....
My flute is being repadded. It was supposed to be done by this past Sunday, but it wasn't. The guy said the pads were not seating themselves well and the key mechanisms were reverting to the way they were with the old pads..basically meaning LOT of leaks even with new pads. He was going to keep it clamped longer and see if that helped. PRAY!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment