Monday, July 27, 2009

Another trip to the doctor

Yep...the elbow is acting up again. I am scheduled to see my orthopedic at 9:45 in the morning. The past few days it has gotten worse....I can't reach up and put my hand behind my ear very well. There is weakness in the wrist, stiffness and dull pain below the elbow. A year ago, the doctor said if it was still bothering me in a year we'd have to talk surgery. I have had 2 rounds of cortisone shots with him and one before that. You can't have many rounds of that stuff or it will contribute to the problems more. Part of me wants one more round of shots. Surgery is difficult for this. It would mean absolutely no playing for several months, and not using the arm for several weeks. It would mean a big chunk of $ we'd have to co-pay. I want it better but I am scared to be out of commission for a length of time.

So, tomorrow we'll see what he says.

Girls are good! We've entered our last week of summer break. Today I took them to see Hannah Montana-The Movie and it was actually VERY good! They enjoyed it too and were fairly well behaved. Libbi had to go potty twice. The tickets were only 2.50 each, it was at the discount theater here. I'd not yet been there, not too bad! Of course it wasn't posted ANYWHERE that you had to pay cash at concession stand. I'd had a gift certificate for the tickets, good thing! I had ordered the drinks and popcorn and they said...oh, we only take cash (I never carry it...so if you intend on robbing me yer outta luck!). The ATM in the lobby was of course out of order...so it was a tad sad to tell girls that no, we could not take the drinks and popcorn. They got over it though.

I take the girls Wednesday for their yearly check-ups at the ped. I am anxious to see how they've grown! Abbi is in size 3.5 shoe and Libbi is in size 3...OH MY GOSH is all I have to say about that.

Well, the arm is stiff so going to end this without typing a whole novel this time. We are about to enter 4 days of high rain chances. Got LOTS of storms Sunday morning for several hours straight that kept the girls and I awake almost all night. I was a zombie ALL day Sunday haha.

Anyways.....later.

No comments: