Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011


HE IS RISEN!  Happy Easter to everyone!  I snapped this picture of the girls after church this morning.  It was such a glorious morning!  We went to church together, and Abbi was excited to learn she would be the "head" altar server (there's a term, but I can't remember what it is), which basically meant she would hold the book for the Priest for the opening/closing blessing, among other duties.  I was so proud of her, it was her first time in that position.  I'd not even seen her serve yet as I am typically playing with the orchestra.  She did her job like a pro!  Libbi was sleepier than normal, so she was a bit subdued from her normal self.  Jen and I were chosen to take up the offering gifts, which was a nice touch to the day.

The Easter Bunny gifts were a hit with the girls, though we had to stop at the store on the way home to exchange Abbi's pillow pet out.  hers was missing an eye.  The store was so gracious in allowing us to exchange without a receipt.....I told them the bunny left an eyeless pet, and they were so sweet to help us out!  Of course no more monkeys were to be found, so she selected a panda instead.  She was happier with the panda I do believe!

We came home and after some pictures and changing out of pretty clothes, I made a brunch for us.  Nothing fancy, but breakfast sure sounded good!  Everyone was happy!  We had a quiet afternoon.....Dave dropped cables for speakers into the great room, the girls played outside with friends and swam, and I decided the grass needed mowing.  My back was feeling a bit better, and the mowing needed to be done, along with me putting down the weed killer in the landscape.  We're supposed to have a very stormy next few days.  I REALLY want to get some baseball games in and watch my girls play!  We came inside and heated up leftovers from last nights grill out.

All in all, not a fancy or even typical Easter for us, but a very nice one.  Girls were excited to get to bed early and sleep with their pillow pets LOL.

No comments: