Thursday, April 7, 2011

Time to breathe

WHEW, it's been a busy week!  It's only going to get busier for the next several weeks.  But that's how my life is, BUSY, and I like it!  It all calms down when school is out and I'm home with my children, THAT'S when I relax.

So, baseball and Prodigal are the main agenda now.  Opening Day for baseball is Saturday, and we're in the crazy, busy getting ready for that stage.  The uniforms for the 40+ teams came in today.  My best friend took the brunt of that because I was at work.  I did what I could to help her tonight, as well as sort out Libbi's team uniforms.  All during the midst of a small bit of panic when I couldn't get the Spirit Wear monies to balance.  I thought it was balanced, but when I double checked the deposit one last time, things went a bit haywire!  After 30 minutes of thinking I had about $700 more in money than I had actually ordered items, I looked at my calculator.  Somehow a setting was there that was causing things not to add in the normal way.  I can't quite tell you what I pushed (it's a scientific calculator, I could have hit ANYTHING LOL), but it changed the setting for normal adding and I can't figure out how to get it back to just plain normal.  I redid my math by hand, and it worked out perfectly.  DARN CALCULATOR caused me a ton of stress, but glad I figured out the culprit before stressing too much more.

So, baseball games begin next week.  I'm about to sit with the schedules and put everything into my master schedule.  I am glad that it doesn't look like we'll have games every night, every week, BUT some times the girls will play at the same exact time, just on different fields.  Is there a "Jennie clone"?  If so, I need her to make her way to me immediately!

Prodigal (former Passion Play) starts dress rehearsals Monday-Thur, then shows Fri-Mon.  Abbi will be acting in Scenes 2 and 3, not sure exactly what songs or what action is going on yet.  She'll have to miss her first 2 baseball games, I'm bummed but what can I do?  Libbi won't miss her games, BUT I will....sad face :(

It's been the week of COSTUMES/UNIFORMS.  Dance costumes were distributed as part of watch week and the girls all got to dance in them for us.  Of course us parents took a million pictures, so I'll get some uploaded soon.  Tonight the girls got their baseball uniforms.  WHEW....what a wonderful, crazy mess!

Work is great.  I love it.  My 4th grade choir kids are just amazing and sound so darn good!  My work website is causing me some issues, with not uploading properly.  Not sure what's up with it.

More updates and photos later.  I need to get some more work done tonight before I go to bed.

Anyways, the sets are beautiful, what they've finished so far.  We had sound balancing with the Aviom and main systems last night, so I was able to see it.  They were still working to add the greenery and other smaller touches.  It's very nice though, like you are actually there on the streets!  I can't wait to see the show, we are only waiting to get the overture music as Carter just finished composing it.

No comments: