Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Busy time of year

I am ALMOST done with my busiest time of year!  However, I've developed a nasty case of bronchitis, at just the time when life seems the busiest!  I began antibiotics today though, so I should perk up soon!  My poor chest and back muscles are worn out from coughing the past 4 days.  My poor children and students would get scared when I was in the midst of one of those coughing things, and the only way I could reassure them was a thumbs up LOL.  I'm hopeful the worst is past now.  My voice is better today than yesterday, but my throat burns from the irritation of coughing.  I popped a blood vessel in my eye Sunday, though it's better now (no pain with that thankfully), and even now when I get into coughing the eye starts to hurt a bit.  My head hurts, Ibyprofen can hardly touch it....it's ALL related to the coughing.  I asked my doctor if I could take a Lortab at bedtime and YES!!!!

But I should now be on the mend :)

So, what's been keeping us busy?  Well, good weather and NO baseball cancellations in a week now, final preps for the dance recital this weekend, Libbi's First Communion this past weekend, my choir concerts at school tomorrow night, and all the normal work and Mom things.

Both of my girls have now made their First Communions.  They both looked beautiful and took pride in their profession and invitation to join in the church family.  Both also brought up the gifts, and both made their mother cry happy tears for the blessings they bring.  My dad came in town, and so did Dave's sister Nicki.  Several of our friends joined us at the church and then for dinner at our house afterwards.  It was a nice day.

We then took a trip down to the Mississippi River to see the record flooding.  Actually ended up having a nice walk along Riverside Drive and took some great pictures. It's amazing how high it was!  The police were certainly keeping folks well enough away.

And since the rain stopped, yes, we've been catching up on baseball games.  In fact Abbi had a game each of the last 3 nights.  I think we've been at the fields every day but 2 in the past 8!

But life is good, and that's what is important.

No comments: