We've enjoyed a lazy, long weekend, so far! This is the first year we haven't had guests, though that's because Libbi makes her 1st Communion in 2 weeks and they'll be here then.
The Easter Bunny has come and gone, for what very well could be the last time. They still both very much believe, though the time is coming, I know. This year he left the girls a pillow pet (dolphin for Libbi and a monkey for Abbi) and a little bit of candy. I just did not want them so full of candy. We didn't even do any egg hunts this year. Mostly because we were busy, but partially because they are getting older and for an event that lasts for 2 seconds.....well, yeah.
I decided to not play with the orchestra for Easter Sunday this year, so that I could go to church with my family. Dave will be ushering and Abbi will be an altar server. It will be a nice, family day for us. No going anywhere after that, no big meal to prepare, just a simple celebration for the four of us, in honor of a man who gave His entire life up for us and our sins.
HE IS RISEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment