Tuesday, September 27, 2011

FINALLY 40

Most of my friends here are over 40, I am the baby of the group.  However, today I finally joined their club.  I turned 40, officially, about 20 minutes ago.  For months, I dreaded this day, even got teary eyed about it.  But that all changed last night.  I received a card from my father that had "40" on it and for some reason, everything changed in that instant.  For reasons unknown, 40 looked better than 39.  The second number as a 0 somehow makes me feel younger than one with a 9 in front of it.  I've been giddy and happy all day, my co-workers gave me a little cake, and I'm about to head to dinner with my family.  I'm not sure why this peacefulness decided to come about, but boy am I thankful!

It's been an awesome day, and once I'm able to gather with my friends and party (church friends this weekend at the church fall festival, and then closer friends next weekend at a restaurant).  

My girls made me such lovely cards, and my oldest managed to sneak a $1 inside the card she gave me...I cried.  She doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to keep that dollar with the card, in my box of keepsakes, and give her a buck out of my wallet back, explaining to her that her kindness was so sweet, but she deserves to keep it.

We're off to dinner now for a little family celebration.  

WOW, I'm 40, finally.

No comments: