Ten years, it is hard to believe it's been that long since that fateful day that changed my nation forever. I won't rehash all the details, I am fairly certain I've done that before. Suffice to say that the emotion felt so much more raw today. So long ago, but just like yesterday! The big church held a special service this evening, in which the orchestra played. It ended up being the one peaceful part of my weekend, bringing closure to 48 hours I'd rather not repeat. I wish it was a dream.
The service was beautiful, so many people in uniform, and great music that wasn't too solemn for the occasion. Of course it took me almost an hour and a half to get there due to traffic accidents on the highway. I wasn't sure I was even going to make it, but I did just as the orchestra was about to head into the service. WHEW! I was panicked for a bit there, and
So, the other parts of my awful weekend. I was home sick from work Thursday and Friday, but felt well enough to get out of the house Friday night to go shop for a lunch we had to make for church Saturday. We woke up Saturday to what we knew was to be a full day. We cooked for a few hours, then served and cleaned things up. It was rewarding and fun, I love cooking at church! The girls had gone outside to help a friend paint some things for an upcoming festival. Dave and I finished up and loaded the van. I thought he'd locked it, and we walked not 50 feet away to where the girls were. We hung out and talked with the people, and enjoyed the beautiful day. Well, after way longer than expected, we go to the van, and I notice my purse isn't there. You guessed it, it had been stolen. Dave hadn't locked the van, and there was my purse in plain view. He even saw the van that pulled in next to ours, but really didn't think anything of it. I could go on and on, but basically everything was in that purse, including my beloved cell phone. We have been canceling bank cards and making lists of what replacement items/cards I'll need. My ID was 2 days old GRR! The banks have both been great, which is a relief. The police were very nice, and even dusted for prints. Two of the cards were used, but it looks to be only once before we shut them down. I'm LOST without that purse and phone. So much sentiment, and now so much violation. I am praying that if the person is never found, that MAYBE the purse will be....and the pictures and other things in it get back to me. I don't care about the money and cards....I really don't. And the phone is really just an inconveinence, like this whole thing. I long for Dave's cell phone to ring and hear that the police have my purse, or what's left of it.
I'm mad at Dave, I'm mad at me. I'm getting over it. I am and always have been SO ANAL about my purse and locking my car. I even told Dave to lock it, but he didn't. There are several reliefs from this too....like car/house keys of mine NOT in that purse, work ID safe, etc.
Anyways, we've a bit of a road to go with this until it can be put past. It really does seem like a bad dream. I don't want a new purse just yet...I have nothing to put in it.
We had the cell phone company turn my phone off (LOVED that phone), and they told me to bring my old blackberry back in to use for the next few weeks. I'll get a discount in October, so I can wait. However, Dave called the cell phone helpline, they said they got it hooked up...but it's not working, so they told him I'll have to take it to a store. Insert another big GRRRRR. A phone of any kind would have been helpful when I was trapped on the highway in non moving traffic, fearing I'd be late for a memorial service I'd had to play.
Well, there's way worse things that could happen, so I do count my blessings. I have cried so much in the last 36 hours, I'm mad, sad, PMSing, and so on. I refuse to take any of this out on Dave...he feels awful. Oh, and that purse, yeah...it was a gift from him. He rarely gives me gifts, because he knows I am so picky about things. This was one thing though he knew I'd love...and I did. I've looked for 2 years now to find ANYTHING similar to replace it. Hasn't happened.
The girls are doing great, but I think this has taught them a thing or two. I look to find the good in any "bad" situation. I hope to update about them and the school year very soon....but I'm not making any promises, given my recent history at keeping up with this blog.
I'll save a post about the girls for another night.
No comments:
Post a Comment