Saturday, May 21, 2011

4 more days!!!!

Just 4 more days to teach for this school year, it went by so quickly!  I'm ready, the girls are ready. I'm sure Dave is ready to have a wife back who is not exhausted!  Thankfully I've moved almost everything from my one school to the other, and only have a little it left to move.

I've already been to 2 baseball games today (Abbi's team won, she struck out at  her at bats, Libbi's team lost, but she hit the ball twice, making it to second base, then making it home).

Libbi had her end of year honor's program....and the results are:  Perfect Attendance, MOST IMPROVED, Happiest, and Most Energetic.  The last two were voted on by her classmates, so cute!

Abbi's program is Monday, we'll see what she brings home!

Tonight is the father/daughter girl scout dance.  BUT, first things first.  I'm getting a haircut!  WHOO HOO, I'm turning into "mophead" LOL.  Just in time for summer.  Nothing drastic, just shorter, trimmed, HOPEFULLY thinned too.  I'm really mostly looking forward to getting my hair washed, I so enjoy that!  The girls are currently in the shower, getting all ready for their dance.  I'll end up working it I'm sure, and of course taking pictures.

The bronchitis is still around.  I returned to the doctor Thursday morning, to hear "yep, you're still sick" LOL.  I was given a steroid shot and an antibiotic shot, my poor hips!!!!  They were so sore the rest of the day, and I was walking so funny my co-workers got a kick out of it.  That night I began a new antibiotic.  WHEW I was a bit off kilter...between walking funny, 3 hours of being intensely hot, not being hungry for dinner, and then not sleeping that night from the steroids (yet waking up Friday morning fully rested and actually chipper).  I was just a hilarious mess.  Things are improving though.  My chest is still raspy sounding and feeling when I lay down, but I can take deep breaths again and I don't cough every few minutes.  Let's hope the latest antibiotic does the trick and clears this up!  I'd like to start my summer healthy!  I can say though that I doubt the dust/dirt/sand from the ballfields isn't helping matters.  I come home covered in a film of the stuff, so no doubt it's compounded the lungs too.  Between both girls, I am at the fields 4-5 nights a week.  I love watching them play.

Well, I've got them in the showers and I need to get something ready for me to wear tonight.  Just wanted to do a quick update.

No comments: